Helpful
Replies

Command "netconf-yang" doesn't open port 830

RAW1456
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am using a Cisco ISR4321 running IOSXE 16.06.04

I am trying to get started with NETCONF and according to every tutorial I've read the command "netconf-yang" should be enough to start the NETCONF service and open Port 830, however, trying to get the Router's capabilities via

ssh -s <user>@192.168.88.211 -p 830 netconf

returns

ssh: connect to host 192.168.88.211 port 830: Connection refused

An NMAP scan also doesn't list Port 830 as open.

The service is definitely running though:

Router#show platform software yang-management process 
confd            : Running 
nesd             : Running 
syncfd           : Running 
ncsshd           : Running 
dmiauthd         : Running 
vtyserverutild   : Running 
opdatamgrd       : Running 
nginx            : Running 
ndbmand          : Running 

I've been stuck on this for a while now and would greatly appreciate any hints as to what I'm missing here. 

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this guide can help you :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/storage-networking/management/200933-YANG-NETCONF-Configuration-Validation.html

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you, but that seems to be the exact guide I've been using.

As I understand it, it states that if AAA and Syslog/SNMP monitoring aren't required you only need the basic SSH configuration and the "netconf-yang" command for the aforementioned Capabilities check to work.

For troubleshooting it only states that if the test doesn't work, there may be a firewall blocking Port 830 but I've already tested the command while connected directly to the router.

Hello,

My answer comes late, but may help the ones who fall on this page.

I recently got the very same behaviour after deleting some crypto keys (i know it is bad :))

To restore them, you can disable and reenable netconf like :

csr-hub(config)#no netconf-yang
csr-hub(config)#
*Jun  9 15:01:04.021: yang-infra: netconf-yang server has been notified to stop
csr-hub(config)#
csr-hub(config)#netconf-yang
The existing self-signed trustpoint cannot be used for NETCONF.
Delete it and create a new one? [yes/no]: yes
CRYPTO_PKI: setting trustpoint policy TP-self-signed-3222202584 to use keypair TP-self-signed-3222202584
csr-hub(config)#

My reply may come late to this as well, but THIS finally pointed me in the right direction. After reenabling netconf-yang, a log message notified me that it was using an old trustpoint certificate. I disabled netconf-yang, deleted the cert, and reenabled netconf-yang. I then tested SSH over port 830 from Prime, and it finally let me accept the certificate in Prime.