Views
Helpful
Replies

CW VMS & MC for Firewalls

efink
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, everybody.

Maybe these will sound like novice questions and in fact they probably are. I have my MC for firewalls working and contacting my 50 or so firewalls but I can't get the picture how you can manage the configurations. I imported all firewalls and some uncontrolled renaming of crypto maps and service objects occured but I can cope with it:

First, how can I deploy one simple command like 'mtu outside 1492' on all firewalls when the gui asks me also to change settings for pppoe (usernames, passwords, ...). Is there a way to push one command through somekind of batch.

Second, if I make a change on FW through CLI, how is MC aware of this change and how it counts this change when generating the settings next time ?

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

m.singer
Level 4
Level 4

You can make use of the Configuration Management Applications available with the Resource Maanger Essentials product (part of VMS). Using that you can do download a command to set of devices. It also polls the device and updates the archive when there is a change in configuration.

Please refer to User Guide of Resource Manager Essentials for deployment steps.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000e/e_3_x/3_5/u_guide/index.htm