Views
Helpful
Replies

CWLMS 4.0.1 Discovery Error

Mohammed Tolib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I recently installed CWLMS 4.0 and 4.0.1. I configured the Discovery Setting and started the discovery but it gives me the error message

"Error in communicating with DCR Server. DCR Server may be down. Please start the DCR Server and then start discovery."

I checked the processes and found that the DCRServer in state "waiting to initialize" I started it and it is in the state "Program started - No mgt msgs received". I ran the discovery again but it gave me the same error!!

I restarted the Daemon manager and the server twice but got the same error!

In the CSDiscovery.log it gives the Fatal error  "DCRServer is not running" slthough it is running!!!

Any ideas

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Your certificate date is invalid according to the logs provided.

ERROR: Certificate Date Invalid

java.security.cert.CertificateNotYetValidException: NotBefore: Sun May 01 09:14:15 AST 2011

Disable SSL from CSCOpx/bin/perl CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/ConfigSSL.pl -disable and restart the LMS Daemon Manager.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Mohammed Tolib
Level 1
Level 1

I restarted the server again and the same error happened. I checked DCRServer process and it was in the state "Failed to run" with processRC -14. I started it manually -it took very long time to start- and ran the discovery again but still the same error "Error in communicating with DCR Server. DCR Server may be down. Please start the DCR Server and then start discovery."!!!!

Attached the DCRServer log file.

Your certificate date is invalid according to the logs provided.

ERROR: Certificate Date Invalid

java.security.cert.CertificateNotYetValidException: NotBefore: Sun May 01 09:14:15 AST 2011

Disable SSL from CSCOpx/bin/perl CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/ConfigSSL.pl -disable and restart the LMS Daemon Manager.

I excuted this script but it gives me "SSL is already disabled". However, I restarted the daemon manager and the DCRServer state is "Running Normal". I ran the discovery again and VOALA it is working.

Thanks a lot Nael.