Views
Helpful
Replies

%DAEMON-1-SYSTEM_MSG: fatal: PAM: pam_setcred(): Authentication failu

micael.soares
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

We have some Nexus 7700 (IOS Version 8.2(1)) that present recurrently the following error messages:

- %DAEMON-1-SYSTEM_MSG: fatal: PAM: pam_setcred(): Authentication failure - dcos_sshd[2809].

%TACACS-3-TACACS_ERROR_MESSAGE: All servers failed to respond

Does anyone has already experienced that issues?

Do you have more information about these bugs?

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks for your estimated help. 

6 Replies 6

Hi

what makes you think this is a Bug.  Have you tested the tacacs already?

Example command to test:

tacacs-server host 10.10.1.1 test username user1 password Ur2Gd2BH idle-time 3

Replace the informations accordingly.

Hello @Flavio Miranda,

we were able to test the tacacs connection with the Server and it is working.

There are 36 cases for this version 8.2(1) but no one related to TACACS.  All Bugs related to tacacs I could find does not match with you version and make no sense.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus7000/sw/release/notes/cisco_nexus7000_release_notes_8x.html#16724 

If you can  upgrade, I suggest you to do it and if you can open a Case with Cisco, it is also advisable as this can be a new or a remaining Bug that was not corrected as they think it is.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Are  the authenticating services/servers (radius?) available ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello @marce1000 ,

yes Radius server are available and running fine as other network devices are connected and working without error message.

- FYIhttps://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtz32293

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '