cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device pack 12 for CPI 3.1 - not signed?

timp
Level 1
Level 1

Tried to upload "Device-Pack-12-PI3.1-106.ubf" and received the message from CPI "

The update file Device-Pack-12-PI3.1-106.ubf appears to be unsigned, which may come from an untrusted source. Unsigned updates are not allowed because of security requirements. "

Maybe its not ready yet.....

Tim

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I got it installed OK on my PI 3.1.6 server.

PI was not seeing it on cisco.com when using the GUI; so I went the manual download route and then uploaded to my PI server.

The one I'm using is "Device-Pack-12-PI3.1-106.ubf" with the MD5 checksum ending in bd7043. It is found here:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286304360&flowid=79748&softwareid=286208063&release=3.1_DP12&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

I tried again today and receive the same error message. Not much time to play with this. I guess I will wait until CPI can detect the pack and download it.

Thanks

I recently had this unsigned error problem with both a Maintenance Release Patch in Prime, and the Device Pack update.

Apparently its an issue with how the browser downloads the file - the browser changes the extension to .zip. What makes it worse is that within the zip is actually a .ubf file and a .sig file?

To resolve, simply change the extension on the downloaded file from .zip to .ubf.

I hope this solves the problem for anyone looking at this (admittedly old) thread - this problem drove me up the wall!