Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM instances

janvandek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone explain me why and the meaning of 2 DFMServer instances.  I have installed LMS3.2 with one license and I noticed that 2 DFM instances are running.

My question is also related to use the scripts for bulk manage/unmanage interfaces in DFM. For example, I noticed expPort.log and expPort1.log files (infact, all log files are double because of the 2 instances) Which log file do I to manipulate? Both? The same interfaces/ports are in both log files...

Thx

Jan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0 and higher includes two DFM instances (for scalability).  For the bulk management scripts, you may need to modify both files to get all of the devices updated properly.  The entries in the exp*.log will be applied to the DfmServer instance where as those in exp*1.log will be applied to the DfmServer1 instance.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 3.0 and higher includes two DFM instances (for scalability).  For the bulk management scripts, you may need to modify both files to get all of the devices updated properly.  The entries in the exp*.log will be applied to the DfmServer instance where as those in exp*1.log will be applied to the DfmServer1 instance.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card