Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM and AAA Authorization

msb930msb930
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm setting up the EEM to keep track of the interface.  With the local authentication the EEM works as expected.  However when I run on the router that has the AAA enable, the EEM does not work at all.  Below is the configuration.  The "TEST" account has been created on the TACACS server. 

Thanks,

ip sla 1
icmp-echo 25.25.25.5 source gig0/1.620
frequency 5
timeout 2000

ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

track 1 ip sla 1

event manager session cli user "TEST"
event manager applet MonitorInterfaceGig0/1.620_DOWN
event track 1 state down
trigger
action 1.0 cli command "enable"
action 2.0 cli command "conf t"
action 3.0 cli command "int gig0/1.620"
action 4.0 cli command "shut"
action 5.0 cli command "exit"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Well, you are two character shy from causing CSCsq77043.  You might want to try and shorten the hostname by a few characters to see if it helps.  My recollection though is that 20 characters was the accurate limit and after you got above that you would run into issues.

It might help to see some debugs from the system when the applet runs if the policy still fails.

debug event manager action cli

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

mtimm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let's start with some basic info:  Platform and version of code?

Hostname of the device?  Odd question I know, but it is a valid question in this situation, trust me, if you don't want to give the hostname, how many characters are in it?  There was a bug in some older versions of IOS with really long hostnames causing issues with the cli command actions.

Mike

Hello Mike,

It's Cisco 2821 and we're running 12.4.20 T2 advipservices.  The total character of the hostname of the device is 19.

Thanks

Well, you are two character shy from causing CSCsq77043.  You might want to try and shorten the hostname by a few characters to see if it helps.  My recollection though is that 20 characters was the accurate limit and after you got above that you would run into issues.

It might help to see some debugs from the system when the applet runs if the policy still fails.

debug event manager action cli

Thanks,

Mike

I've shortened the hostname to 12 characters and the applet is running correctly now.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for the follow-up.  I'll go back and update the bug to say that we have seen this issue with hostnames of 19 characters as well.

Mike