Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM Script

faizanelahi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an eem script to monitor the uplink interface between two switches. When the uplink interface is up first switch will be  active and second switch will be backup, vice versa.

When only the uplink interface goes down script is working perfectly. But the problem is when the complete power goes off in second switch location, first switch site is also going down as per the script. (script is to shutdown the ports of first switch, to overcome loop )

Now my requirement is i want these script to work only when uplink interface goes down but not when the complete switch goes down.

@Joe Clarke....Appreciate you assistance in above.

Regards,

Faizan.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You did not post your current script.

Please find below, 

First Site:

event manager applet KOCM_DOWN
event syslog pattern "%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/1/1, changed state to down"
action 1.0 cli command "enable"
action 1.5 cli command "conf t"
action 2.0 cli command "int range gi1/0/1-8"
action 2.5 cli command "shut"
action 3.0 cli command "exit"
event manager applet KOCM_UP
event syslog pattern "%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet1/1/1, changed state to up"
action 2.0 cli command "int range gi1/0/1-8"
action 2.5 cli command "no shut"
action 3.0 cli command "exit"

Second Site: 

event manager applet KOCM_UP
event syslog pattern "%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet0/25, changed state to up"
action 2.0 cli command "int range gi0/1-8"
action 2.5 cli command "shut"
event manager applet KOCM_DOWN
event syslog pattern "%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface GigabitEthernet0/25, changed state to down"
action 2.0 cli command "int range gi0/1-8"
action 2.5 cli command "no shut"

I don't follow your logic.  I don't see how the sites are aware of each other if you're just monitoring local syslog messages.  Are they directly connected to each other via gi1/1/1 and gi0/25 and interface status is passed on this circuit?

Both sites are connected via dark fiber.

I'm not sure how'd you'd accomplish what you want.  There's no way to distinguish between a link going down due to, say, a fiber cut vs. the site's power going out.  You'd have to be able to determine overall site reachability via another way.  Maybe you know how to do this because you asked about IP SLA.  But without knowing how you can verify site reachability, I can't offer any other advice.

Thanks for the support Joseph.

I have laptop connected over the second site for which i will use sla to track.

And follow boolean AND to track interface and sla status. 

Much appreciated.

Or, you can help me out to track two events in a single applet.

IP SLA and interface state. I want to have a script to work only when these two events changes at same time.

You can combine multiple elements in a single track using a boolean list.  If track 1 is looking at interface status, and track 2 is looking at IP SLA, then:

track 3 list boolean or

object 1

object 2

This will require both tracks 1 and 2 to be down for 3 to go down (which I think is what you want).  You can then monitor object 3 via EEM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: