Views
Helpful
Replies

Extend syslogs from Cisco Prime to go back further

wilson419
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I've gone to check a loss of a lan to lan VPN connection that's been reported to me over a week ago but the logs collected by the Cisco Prime server only go back about a week ? Is there a way to extend this and to NOT delete any logs off (or at least keep them for a certain time period)

Also on a side note, is there a way to get Prime to notify me of a drop in the lan to lan again ?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>Also on a side note, is there a way to get Prime to notify me of a drop in the lan to lan again ?

- The latter is indeed more usefull ,since Prime's main concern is watching operational statuses of network equipment. Wether this will work for a lan to lan vpn connection will depend on swicth models being used and or how it is setup. Switch involved must forward their syslog and snmp trap alerts to Prime. But more  may be needed such as enabling syslogging related to lan-to-lan vpn and equally for snmp trap types.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '