Views
Helpful
Replies

find a switch and AP

muneef81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

at my company we have 2 WLCs and more than 100 switches and over 200 APs my question is how i know to witch switch my AP is connected from command line or cisco Prime Infrastructure

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remote into the WLC and enter the following commands:  sh ap cdp neigh ap-name <AP>

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I acknowledge this question. we had managerial procedures whereby during installation of access points, connections and or switch info's were registered immediately in an asset-database (good practice). On technical terms you have tools such as (show) cdp neighbors on switches and query mac address table and look for access point mac address. But the initial approach is better

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Remote into the WLC and enter the following commands:  sh ap cdp neigh ap-name <AP>

Thanks Leo it work perfactly 
i used,,,,,,, show ap cdp neigh | in <ap name>

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

if you have Prime you can go to

Inventory / Device Management / Network Devices/ Unfied AP

right side you see all the AP if they are register with WLC and populated - click on AP name list the device you like to see where it conneted.

left side click  system --> CDP neigh to get switch port information.

image.png

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help