cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting all devices in RME 4.0

smebbin
Level 1
Level 1

I have done a doscovery in Campus Manager 4.0 and found 714 devices. I did a report in Campus Manager on "reachable devices" and "unreachable" devices. On the "all devices" report I get 715 devices. On the "reachable" report I get 515 devices. Under the "unreachable" report I get 200 devices. When I go to RME->Devices->Device Management, I have 520 "normal" devices of the 715 that were in campus manager. Zero devices are in the other categories i.e. suspended, predeployed, etc. So 195 devices are not getting into RME. How do I get the rest of them in RME automatically? What causes the ANI server to re-initialize or import devices from DCR devices discovered by Campus Manager into RME?

3 Replies 3

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

you mentioned that you dont see 195 devices on the RME. Are you able to reach those devices using Cisco Works. You may have to update some pathces specific to those device platform which is not getting updated into the RME. Check if you have all the latest updates for Cisco works and try again.

Keyan
Level 1
Level 1

If a device is unreachable in campus discovery it will not be imported into the main credential repository database as Ciscoworks cannot reach it. You need to go to some of the devices that are listed as unreachable and see if the SNMP string is misconfigured or if a firewall or ACL is blocking the Ciscoworks server from reaching them.

Keyan,

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. That gives me a good place to work with.

V/R

Brandon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card