Views
Helpful
Replies

Help building DSN for UPM database.

anthony.semiao
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping someone out their can help.

I need to generate an ODBC connection to the upm Datasource on LMS 4.1 running on Win2K8.  I have successfully built connections to cmf, ipm and rmeng, however UPM keeps failing saying that the Database is not found.

Here are my settings.

Driver = CiscoWorks Embedded Database

ODBC Tab - Data source name = upm

ODBC Tab - Description = Device Performance

Login Tab - Supply user ID and Password is selcted

Login Tab - User ID = lmsdatafeed  (i have tried DBA as well)

Login Tab - Password = set using the password I estabplished with the dbaccess.pl and dbpasswd.pl scripts

Database.Server name = upmEng

Network.TCP/IP = HOST=<lms server ip>;DOBROADCAST=NO;ServerPort= 43800

I validated the server port using netstat -a -b -o and matching up the PID with the UPMDBEngine process shown in the LMS Manage Processes window.

Windows firewalls on the remote machine and the LMS server are off.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The upm database is not accessible using ODBC.  See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/database_schema/dbviews_41.html for a list of those databases that are exposed with dbaccess.pl.

Thanks Joseph.  Is there anyway to integrate with the upm db? Would like to get basic port utilization data and compare it to information in another data source.

A

You cannot access the performance data programmatically.  You can export the various reports (or print them to PDF), but that is it.  We will likely start exporting performance statistics in a programmatic way in future releases.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: