cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Developing IP Scheme

phipps_1t
Level 1
Level 1

I want to develop an IP scheme for my access points, soon to be IP-enabled phones and devices not associated with my computers , routers etc. I don't have a large network and currently employ a 192.168.x.x scheme. The first x represents the site and last x represents the nodes. for example 192.168.1.0 is the main office while 192.168.2.0 is site office b.

I want to employ a similar strategy using either 10.x.x.x or 172.254.x.x. I'd love to hear suggestions or what each of you are doing to come up with an easy to manage and identify IP adressing scheme.

Thanks,

Hsingh@phippsny.org

1 Reply 1

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

The access point's proxy Mobile IP feature works in conjunction with the Mobile IP feature in Cisco IOS software. When you enable proxy Mobile IP on your access point and on your wired network, the access point helps client devices from other networks remain connected to their home networks. The visiting client devices do not need special software; the access point provides proxy Mobile IP services on their behalf. Any wireless client can participate.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802091bd.html