cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure ip on port of Cat 3750?

cutehameed
Level 1
Level 1

hi everyone, 

i want to configure ip on every interface of switch 3750 so that anyone who connect to that interface, regardless of MAC, get an ip.

8 Replies 8

I dont get your Q, can you more elaborate ?

sir simple, i want to configure 1 IP per port of cisco 3750. How to do that?

but that hard and UNwanted task 
if you config each port with IP then you need 24 or 48 subnet per SW (depend if SW have 24 or 48)
but instead you can use L2 port 
config one VLAN with VLAN SVI IP and config DHCP and all host connect to this VLAN get IP from SW from same subnet of VLAN SVI

Hello @cutehameed,

"configure ip on every interface of switch 3750 so that anyone who connect to that interface, regardless of MAC, get an ip"

It's impossbile that someone get any IP like this. @Flavio Miranda show you how to configure IP on each switch interfaces, but noone could get an IP. This is a DHCP role.

Please, like @MHM Cisco World ask, could you more elaborate because we are perhaps not on the target!

Thanks.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Is what you want is to preclude someone from doing something like connecting a L2 switch and then connecting multiple hosts?

Hi

No one is going to get an IP address unless you have a DHCP server on the switch or connected to the switch.

If you want to setup IP address on the interface, you should use the command

int fa x/x

no switchport

ip add x.x.x.x

But you  it depend on the switch 3750 licensing.

well switch is (C3750-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(55)SE12, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) and i just configured the DHCP pools on switch

Oh, so all you're asking is providing dynamic IPs to hosts that connect to access ports?

If so, yup, DHCP on the 3750 might be used.

I suspect most of us took your OP looking to deal with a much more complicated need.