cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing LMS

richard.jackson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have installed LMS on a Server that is part of a Network Domain, and the customer reports that parts of LMS has stopped working e.g unable run topology services etc. Does anyone know if there are any issues with LMS running on a Server that is part of a Domain

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Richard,

can you please provide us with the hardware environment? What CPU are you running, how many RAM, and so on.

Is any other software running on this server? E.g. any software with webservices?

I am used to install the LMS on a standalone server and give only limited access to the domain via workgroup settings, DNS and some more detail settings.

Best regards,

Frank

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you install LMS as a domain admin or as local admin and then place it in the domain?

Any integration with ACS?

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I have tried installing it as domain and local, it seems to work fine and the errors occur after a reboot.

I am now reloading the software with the server in it's own workgroup.

Also there is no ACS intergration

Do you know if I will be able to intergate it back into the Domain after.

Many thanks

Hi Richard,

can you please provide us with the hardware environment? What CPU are you running, how many RAM, and so on.

Is any other software running on this server? E.g. any software with webservices?

I am used to install the LMS on a standalone server and give only limited access to the domain via workgroup settings, DNS and some more detail settings.

Best regards,

Frank

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the info. The server only meets the Minimum Spec (4 Gig) Ram but it is not looking after a large network. It is also only running Cisco Works on a 2003 server.

I have now put this server into a Local Workgroup as you recommended and it has limited access to the Domain, (just email and Web Access) at it is working fine, (after three rebuilds of the server !!!!!)

I would guess that a group policy must have been inherited off the domain that may have be re-writing permissions on files.

Once again many thanks for your direction.

Richard

Hi Richard,

yep, these group policies can drive you crazy! A management station should not be touched so often after installation. And i know companies which change the group policies serveral times a year!

Have a nice day,

Frank