cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrate Remote Syslog Collector with LMS 4.1

jennyjohn
Level 1
Level 1

We have LMS 4.1 in our network. We had recently installed Remote Syslog Collector on a new Server to collect logs from all the devices. How can we integrate the Remote Syslog Collector with the LMS Server?

Thanks in Advance.

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You simply have to subscribe the IP address of the Remote Syslog Collector in Ciscowork LMS server under :

Admin > Collection Settings > Syslog > Syslog Collector Status

Once it is subscribed, it should start working, simialar to how it works when Syslog Collector is Local on LMS server.

For more details see docuement :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/install/guide/appendc.html#wp1049873

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks Vinod for your reply.

The Syslog Collector Status is showing as up and reachable.

So I guess all I need to do now is configure all my devices to send logs to the syslog collector.

Do I have to do any configuration on the Syslog Collector. There are very limited Configuration options on the Collector.

That looks fine. There is no additional configuration on Collector side. It is pretty straight forward and as soon as it keeps on recieving syslog from devices it should work properly.

Following image shows details on syslog architecture:

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: