Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory collection failed after IOS upgrade on Cat 294x/C295x

IP-Services
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are working with LMS 3.1 and since one month with LMS 4.01 too.

If I do an IOS upgrade (12.2.50 SE3 to 12.2.5x) on an Catalyst 35xx / Catalyst 37xx the software version change after an inventory collection to the new version number in the RME. Everything is good.

If I do an IOS upgrade on a Catalyst 2940 / Catalyst 2950 from 12.1(22)EA13 to 12.1(22)EA14 the inventory collection failed. This problem exist on the lms 3.1 and lms 4.01.

I can solve the problem by deleting the updated device from the cs and rediscover as an new device.

But I don't want to delete every device after an IOS upgrade.

Can you help me please

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is what I thought.  You're seeing the effects of CSCsz85826.  You can fix this by removing the devices and re-adding them (as you've been doing), or you can go to

Admin > Network > Change Audit Settings > Inventory Change Filter and check the boxes next to Image:System Description and Image:Description.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the IC_Server.log after performing a failed inventory collection to one of these devices.

Hello,

I've uploaded the files. In LMS 4 you log you can find the IPs 192.168.168.111 and 192.168.168.112 and for lms 3.1 you can see the ip in the attached pdf file.

kind regards

Ludwig

This is what I thought.  You're seeing the effects of CSCsz85826.  You can fix this by removing the devices and re-adding them (as you've been doing), or you can go to

Admin > Network > Change Audit Settings > Inventory Change Filter and check the boxes next to Image:System Description and Image:Description.

Thank you for Help.

Now the change off the IOS version is recognized and updatet in LMS.

Kind regards

Ludwig

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card