cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to use custom macro on LMS to configure switch ?

Hi to all, i've a question, i'm a newbee on network management software, i'm working on a large deployment network L2/L3.

We have many stack-switches with a large amount of ports. To be faster to configure interfaces, i've created some customs macro based on customer needs.Obviosly i'm able to apply it with telnet/netconfig task command : macro apply "naeme of the macro", but when i try to browse the smartport macro, i'm not able to see the custom macros i wrote neither i found i place on LMS where i can write them and then use them inside the system.

What i want to know is if it's possible to insert these macros in the system (or make lms able to read these from the config on the switches) and then apply them on gui view of the switches.

Many thanks

Max

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 4.0 has the ability to manage ASP macros (in the new Auto Smart Ports Work Center), but you will not be able to apply them from CiscoView (which I think is what you're asking).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 4.0 has the ability to manage ASP macros (in the new Auto Smart Ports Work Center), but you will not be able to apply them from CiscoView (which I think is what you're asking).

So you will be able to manage macros but only on netconfig section and not on cisco view ?

This sholud be enough, but it's only on LMS 4.0 version, and mine it's the 3.2 version. So i think no way for me.

Thanks for the answer Joseph

LMS 4.0 offers a new feature to do ASP management (not just Netconfig).  However, there is no CiscoView integration.  In LMS 3.2, you can just use Netconfig to deploy ASP macros.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: