cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Java 1.4.1 Issues with Other Applications

slcornish
Level 1
Level 1

All client workstations upgraded to Java 1.4.1 are experiencing problems accessing other web applications, which require Java. The previous version of Java

(1.3.1) did not interfere with these applications.

I'd like to know if it's possible to get Java 1.4.1 to only run when users access CiscoWorks and bypass other web applications.

In addition, since we've upgraded Java, applications such as NetConfig and Config Editor have slow responses.

We're running Common Svcs 2.2, RME 3.5, Campus Manager 3.3, and DFM 1.2 on the same server.

3 Replies 3

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

There are several applications, including those from Cisco, that require Java 1.4.1. At the same time, VMS 2.2 work only on Java 1.3.1. Both Java versions can be loaded on the client PC.

For all the applications to be accessed properly, from Internet Explorer, select > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and Under Java (Sun), uncheck the box for Use Java 2 v1.4.1_03 .

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2330/products_qanda_item09186a00801dac10.shtml#q29

Thanks for the info.

hgru
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I used for a time two browsers. (Explorer and netscape) with both their own Java pluging.

Since they have recently reinstalled my workstation that is not needed anymore. Probabaly have to do with new explorer version whcih is...6.0.2800.1106CO

Hans

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card