cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer two display in Campus Manager Topology services

imts
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyway to maintain the layer two view when exporting to Visio. Normally I get a "blob" of connected devices when I try this, not the neatly distributed view that Campus manager displays. I'm guessing there is now way around this but I'm hoping I'm wrong. It's not much of a time saver to try and reposition the 200 devices that are globed onto the Visio sheet even though they are logically connected.

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

Has anyone been able to open the .csv file created when exporting to visio from campus manager? I am running CM3.3 and have Visio 2003. In Visio, opening a file of type *.csv is not an option and I don't see anyway to import it. If anyone has got this to work please let me know.

Thanks

Unfortunately Visio 2003 has had many features removed. One of which is CSV file import. Very expensive third party tools are now required to get this feature back (thanks Microsoft).

I think that Cisco should look at re-evaluating this item and try to get the output in a more globally supported format.

Also you loose the nice formatting if you use Visio 2002. You just end up with a massive connected mush, not the nice picture you see in Campus Manager.

So Visio 2002 does work? Do you have to have a certain edition to get the import csv functionality?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card