Views
Helpful
Replies

License Server is down

j.baez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a problem with my LMS application. whenever i try to configure any part of any module it always sends an error saying that Daemon Manager or License Server are down. The Daemon Manager is running normally (i can see it from the services window), but i don't know how to start the license server.

When i see the Server settings it shows that the License server is down, then i go to the "licensing" link from Campus Manager-->Server-->Admin-->LICENSING and it shows the following error:

"Error communicating with License Server. License Server may be down. Please start the License Server, then refresh the page."

I checked the license and license server logs. The second one says "Unable to launch JVM" and the last lines from the other one (license.log) shows the following info:

[ jue feb 11 12:35:25 CST 2010 ] [CS_License:LiceneServer-Thread-584] INFO com.cisco.nm.license.server.LicenseServer - Executing GetFeature
[ jue feb 11 12:35:25 CST 2010 ] [CS_License:LiceneServer-Thread-584] INFO com.cisco.nm.license.server.LicenseServer - Got VMS features
[ jue feb 11 12:35:25 CST 2010 ] [CS_License:LiceneServer-Thread-584] INFO com.cisco.nm.license.server.LicenseServer - Getting CMF features

However i uploaded those 2 logs if there is more info you would like to look into.

What could i do to start the License Server???

Regards,

2 Replies 2

v_martynenko
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have same issue with CWLMS-4.0, after restoring from 3.2

How can I start the LS?

Vladimir

pdterm LicenseServer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: