Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 CTMJrmServer SERVICE Couldn't start

SISCCC_LMS
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I just installed a LMS 2.6 system on a Windows 2003 server, after install and patch install, I fould that the RME couldn't work normally. The inventory job couldn't work, such as archive the configuration, many devices got error message as: CM0208 User not authorised to perform operations on device

I checked the process, found that CTMJrmServer is in status as Administrator has shut down this server, and couldn't start it.

In the CTMJrmServer.log, found message as :

CTMJrmServer: initializing daemon manager
CTMJrmServer: initialized daemon manager
[ Fri Feb 11  15:37:46 CST 2011 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger,notifyLevelChange,35,publishing urn for jrmw-log
[ Fri Feb 11  15:37:48 CST 2011 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.util.logger.ServiceLogLevelChanger,notifyLevelChange,42,published urn as jrmw-log-RMELogLevelChange
[ Fri Feb 11  15:37:48 CST 2011 ],INFO ,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,117,getJRM:  bind successful
[ Fri Feb 11  15:37:48 CST 2011 ],FATAL,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.JobManagerExt,getJRM,242,ERROR: Could not establish connection with JRM
[ Fri Feb 11  15:37:48 CST 2011 ],ERROR,[main],com.cisco.nm.rmeng.jrmwrapper.server.CTMJobManagerServer,<init>,66,Null JRM. Exiting

Is there any one could help to check what is the prblem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you just using TACACS+ for authentication, or are you integrating LMS with ACS for authorization, too?  How are you setting up TACACS+ in LMS?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Svetlana Radzevich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post full output of pdshow. CTMJrmServer process depends on RMEDbMonitor, jrm, TomcatMonitor, RMECSTMServer processes. Some of them could be down as well.

To collect the pdshow output, open CLI on the server and issue the command: "pdshow > pdshow.txt". Pose the pdshow.txt afterwards.

Please try to remove ctmregistry and ctmregistry.backup NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib (remove them to any other directory like desktop for backup) and restart daemon manager.

Check the process after that if that works.   

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Dear vinarya,

I tried what you suggested, but still couldn't start that service

Dear,

I have attached the pdshow result, please check.

Thanks!

Long Fei

I checked CTMJrmServer.log and jrm.log, found the problem may happened began at Thu Jan 20, I am trying to find out what happened on that day.

Is there any other log I could check for more details?

Dear,

I found maybe what's the problem is. I changed the LMS 2.6 authentication method back to local today, the process started.

But I don't what's wrong about my TACAS Configuration, I could sucessfully login system by account in TACAS server, it seems that the TACAS authentication is effective.

Is there any log for that?

Are you just using TACACS+ for authentication, or are you integrating LMS with ACS for authorization, too?  How are you setting up TACACS+ in LMS?

Dear Joseph,

I am using the TACAS, this morning, I found the problem, username and password configuration missed after I changed the authentication method to TACAS, I re-configured them, it is OK now.

But currently I still find the result of my inventory collection jobs are all failed, it seems that the LMS 2.6 couldn't sucessfully collect device information in RME. All the devices information including credentials are imported form a xml file I expert form the old system.

Is there any idea you know why all the inventory jobs failed?

Thanks!

This is a new issue with respect to the original daemon problem.  Please start a new thread.

Dear Joseph,

I have created a new discussion about it, could you please help to check?

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2067881

Thanks!

Long Fei

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card