cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 can`t sync archive for some routers.

aserov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have many routers in LMS. All of them have the same configuration. But for some of them (Cisco1005, Cisco1921, Cisco1941 and Cisco2921)  LMS can't sync archive. We use: snmp read community, telnet password and enable password.

We capture the telnet session and see that LMS doesn`t try to use enable password at all. And surprisingly it tries to use "set len 0" like in CatOS.

What can we do?????

User Access Verification

Password: ............<hidden>

Router>....dumb........

Router>

Router>

Router>

Router>

Router>_tune__tune_.. ... ... ... ... ... .

Router>terminal length 0terminal length 0

Router>set length 0set length 0

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Router>no pagerno pager

^

Router>

Router>

Router>show runningshow running

^

Router>

Router>show configshow config

^

Router>

Router>

6 Replies 6

Robert Pavone
Level 1
Level 1

It looks like RME or Common Services may not be properly classifying the device type.  Try deleting one of the problem devices from Common Service Device credential Repository and then readd it and let it discover what kind of device it is.  Then try archive sync again.

Rob

Thank you Rob.

I tried to remove and add device again but unsuccessfully. I think that the problem in old device packages. I will try to install the new one.

While adding the device make sure you are not updating "Device Type" as an incorrect device sysObjectID, as that would let RME to contact wrong device package, being device packge mapped with the device unique ID or SysObjectID.

Device Properties
Select A Management Type:
Device Information
Device Type:
Unknown Device Type
Display Name:*
  Device Identity:  Host Name:
Domain Name:
  IP Address:
Note: Please specify atleast one of the following attributes: IP Address, Host Name.
Added Device List
Default Credentials
Select a Default Credential Set:

RME should be able to update the "Device Type" to DCR automatically once it does the Inventory OR DFM can also update DCR for the correct device type.

Try adding device once with minimum information like IP and Hostname and display name and credentials and see if they are managed properly with RME/DFM and update the device type properly.

Although, device packages should be considered importantly to be updated from : CS > Software Center > Device update and select all apps and click check for update and install all.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Unfortunately I need to add device automatically by dcrcli. And the sysObjectID is a mandatory there. 

Then snmpwalk the sysObjectID from the device and be sure to mention the correct sysOjectID while adding.

You may want to check for device support from Supported device table list for your specific device.

You can do snmpwalk to the device device centre or from CLI from :

NMSROOT\objects\jt\bin>snmpwalk.exe -v -c

eg :

NMSROOT\objects\jt\bin>snmpwalk.exe -v2c -c public 10.1.1.1 sysObjectID

And if you dont have the access to GUI you can update device package using PSUCLI.

For more details, please check Using the Software Center CLI Utility.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

About device update I open the new discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3294505#3294505

I can not download an updates automaticaly

-thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: