cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 shutting down unexpectedly

chris.mcgarrah
Level 1
Level 1

LMS is shutting down after about 1.5 hours, or at least the TomCat and other processes are. There is nothing obvious in the Windows event logs. Where can I look to determine what is causing it to shut down. Thinking it might be a recently installed windows patch or McAfee action.  Attaching output of pdshow.

Update:  I think I may be running into the bug described in this thread:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3020952#3020952

Is there a bug ID for this or should I just refer TAC to the thread?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log after the server crashes but before you restart.

Restoring the ANIServer.properties file to an older version, as suggested in the referenced thread, seems to have resolved the issue on my LMS 3.2 system, however I seem to be having the same issue on my LMS 3.1; ANIServer is not starting and accessing the User Tracking db with the User Tracking Utility seems to kill it, although the TomCat server is not down (yet).  I have not tried restoring the ANIServer.properties file on my 3.1 system and I am attaching the stderr.log and stdout.log from that system.

The problem appears to be the same as described in the previous thread (i.e. CSCtf29167).  The query is failing with a NullPointerException, but why it's happening is unclear.  I can't say that restoring your ANIServer.properties will help.  You may have a problem with your ANI database.  A patch for 3.2 is available from TAC, but none exists for 3.1.

Restoring the ANIServer.properties file has fixed my 3.1 system too.  Still not sure what could have corrupted the file on both systems.  I'm suspecting a Windows patch, only because that is something that would have happened to both systems in the same time frame, but that's still just a guess.  Thanks for your help I'll request the patch for CSCtf29167 from TAC for my 3.2 system.