cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 user tracking

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

currently we are not managing any Cisco AP's on LMS and we did put them on exclude list. how ever now these Ap's detected as end devices. and that created confusion on our daily inventory check up script. we don't want Ap's to count as end devices. another problem we have with Ap's. we are using host file for Network device resolutions. end devices using DNS for name resolution. because of that now all the Ap's discovered by ip address since they are not registered on DNS. we have close to 3000 autonomous Ap's that create a biggest challenge on our user tracking.

my question is there any way to setup LMS not count AP's as end devices. or any kind of suggestion to avoid this scenario. thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume that the APs are not configured for trunking.  If they were, then they would not show up as end hosts unless you configured UT to process end hosts on trunk ports.

If they are not configured for trunking, then the only thing you could do would be to setup subnet filters to exclude switches to which APs connect.  This would, however, mean that no end hosts would show up for those switches.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume that the APs are not configured for trunking.  If they were, then they would not show up as end hosts unless you configured UT to process end hosts on trunk ports.

If they are not configured for trunking, then the only thing you could do would be to setup subnet filters to exclude switches to which APs connect.  This would, however, mean that no end hosts would show up for those switches.

Thanks a lot, yes it's not configured for trunking. unfortunaitly subnet filter is not working for me because afecting everything else.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card