Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS stuck on System coming up page

dmistry21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We are running LMS 3.01 and have been currently experiencing issues regarding the login page.  It has been stuck on the page that states "Server Not Ready - System is coming up - You will be redirected to login page soon". It has been like this for the past few days:

I've tried restarting the daemon services as well as rebooting the server which has made no difference.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

10 Replies 10

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Send me the below information:

--output of pdshow command

--stdout.log (NMSROOT\CSCOpx\md\tomcat\logs)

--Screen shot of the services.msc window

--syslog.log (if possible)

--In the meantime try this:

NMSROOT\CSCOpx\bin>resetCasuser.exe

Also disable any Anti virus if you have Installed on the server..

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj

Thanks for the reply.

The Syslog.log is 4.5gb in size so may not be able to do this and the stdout.log file is 0kb in size and has no entry.  I've attached the other 2 files as requested.

Also what does resetCasuser.exe actually do ?  It doesn't affect the Ciscoworks/ACS integration does it ?Services.JPG

Hi ,

Run the below comamnd:

NMSROOT\CSCOpx\mdc\apache>perl SSLutil.pl

check the Validity of the Certificate  or attached the screen shot of the same.

Also send me :

ctm_config.txt (location: NMSROOT\CSCOpx\mdc\tomcat\shared\lib)

md.properties (locatin:NMSROOT\CSCOpx\lib\classpath)

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj

I've run the command and selected option 1 which states:

INFO: CiscoWorks Server Certificate date is valid on the server

[Fri Sep 23 12:52:00 BST 2011]

Also i've attached the 2 requested files.

Thanks for the help so far.

HI,

Kindly try the below steps:

shutdown dmgtd,

then remove ctmregistry* from NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/webapps/rme/WEB-INF/lib.

Then start dmgtd

--Is above did not help. open the services.msc window >>change the startup type of DAEMON MANAGER to Maunal

Reboot the Server.. Once the server is up >> change the status back to AUTOMATIC and start the Services.

Thanks

Afroj

Hi Afroj

I've tried the suggested but looks like the same result.

I started all the manual services so all Ciscoworks services are running.

Our environment has an integration with ACS so not sure whether this has any bearing ?

Hi,

Is it possible to break the INTEGRATION with ACS temporarily ?

If yes..

NMSROOT\CSCOpx\bin>perl ResetLoginModule.pl

Note: you need to make sure the  option “fall back local” is checked as you need to login with ADMIN user name and pssword once you break the integration.

Now recheck the issue..

Thanks

Afroj

Hi Afroj

Due to the security policies within the company we cannot break the integration and by design have removed that particular perl script.  We have another LMS server within our environment which communicates to the ACS and this seems to work ok. 

I was only speculating about ACS but as we have another identical build server (The fallback server) which works fine i'm not sure its ACS related.

Hi

-- send all the Instance of stdout.log (NMSROOT\CSCOpx\md\tomcat\logs)

and stderr.log

Thanks

Afroj

Hi Afroj

Apologies i've been offline for a few days.

The stdout.log is totally empty in the location you mentioned.

I've attached the stderr.log.

Many Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: