Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS4.01 - special device distribution to mangement function

hleschin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

currently we are planing a LMS4.01 installation for ~4000 devices.

We want to have all devices in RME, CM and IPM, but not in DFM and HUM (I know there are new names now but for simplification let me use the old names). In DFM and HUM we need only our most critical devices (~150). So we want to create a group with these 150 devices and assign it for DFM and HUM import.

But I didn't find a possibility to do it in a single LMS4 server (this server is really very performant), but perhaps I don't know all possibilites.

At "Device Allocation Settings" I can disable the option "Allocate all devices" and can create a policy for the import. But this policy is then valid for all 5 LMS functions. That's not helpful in this case.

Or I can disable the whole import for DFM and HUM with disabling the "Device management functions" for "Fault Management" and "Device Performance Management". Then I have all devices in RME+CM+IPM, but no devices in DFM or HUM. Not helpful neither.

So my question: Is there a way in LMS4.01 to have all devices in RME+CM+IPM and only 150 of these managed in DFM+HUM ?

Thx + Best regards

Hendrik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This was a use case I thought was very valid (and doable in LMS 3.x).  However, it is not possible in LMS 4.0 without using multiple servers.

That is, you could dedicate a server (or VM) to HUM and DFM, then setup an allocation policy there to manage only those 150 devices.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This was a use case I thought was very valid (and doable in LMS 3.x).  However, it is not possible in LMS 4.0 without using multiple servers.

That is, you could dedicate a server (or VM) to HUM and DFM, then setup an allocation policy there to manage only those 150 devices.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card