cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig Job errors

ddalessa
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a problem lauching a basic Netconfig job to simply remove and adding a few usernames to our routers. The job fails on a considerable amount of routers where previously, we did not have any issue at all. Looking at the job details, the errors fall between 2 types:

Could not establish telnet session to device: :PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6739:TYPE=unassigned message type::Invalid login password.

OR

Could not establish telnet session to device: :PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6727:TYPE=unassigned message type::Invalid TACACS user name and password.

In each instance, I have tried removing the TACACS user fields, as well as ensuring the login accounts are correct. To simplify things, I picked a single router which I am having difficulty with. I deleted all the fields and re-entered them. Yet, the job continues to fail with the same message. I opened a ticket with Cisco, have explained the same to them, and await a moment where we can essentially pick a router and re-do the same thing.

Has anyone else experienced such a thing ?

Thanks,

Dan D'Alessandro

1 Reply 1

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are the TACACS prompts on the device anything other than Username: and Password: ? If you have customized them have you edited the TacacsPrompts.ini file?

It might also be interesting to run a packet capture for a single device in a job to see what info it contains.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card