cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig push out

woods8
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to push out a config change via Netconfig but I get the following error message:

PGM_NM=configuration Archive:6739:TYPE=unassigned message type::invalid login password

Any ideas? I know that all the telnet passwords are generic and correct.

cheers

2 Replies 2

marcjone
Level 1
Level 1

Try running a 'Check Device Attributes', through RME > Administration > Inventory

If this is generating errors, then try re-entering the login credentials for the device through 'Chance Device Attributes' (in the same sub-folder) and then run a check device attributes again

You need to ensure that CiscoWorks is fully communicating with the device before running any jobs

If CiscoWorks is not showing any problem through 'Check Device Attributes', please give details of your RME version, OS version, Device Type for the job you are trying to configure and the IOS/CatOS version running on the device

Also, see the following message on the Forum detailing a similar problem:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd6b6c1/1

HTH

Marcus Jones

I have re-inputted my telnet and enable passwords for all devices via RME>Admin>Inventory>change device attributes and netconfig roll outs work a treat!

When "adding devices" my original csv import file may have been corrupted?!

Thanx for the help Marcus - Very much appreciated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card