cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nxapi upload file timeout problem

munroe
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to use the nxapi to upload a new image to a bunch of switches.  However, because the api seems to want to wait for the command to finish before sending a return, I get timeouts.  It takes anywhere from 10-15minutes to upload the image (CoPP likes to slow things down).  Is there a way to "background" the file upload in the nxapi command?  I don't think increasing my HTTP timeout to 10-15minutes is a great idea.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

which nxapi command are you using ? Both HTTP and HTTPS can be used, do you get the timeout with both ?

The timeout is designed.  My client sets a timeout for ~30 seconds.  I shouldn't have to leave an HTTP[S] connection open for 15-20 mins while the switch uploads a file via SCP.  I'm trying to figure out a way, in programming terms, to use a callback or an async interface so the switch will just return 200 OK and start the upload

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: