Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet tracer unable to ping PC across 2 networks

ZL123
Level 1
Level 1

ZL123_0-1705046860673.png

Hi guys i have trouble pinging from PC (HQ) to PC (branch)

1. HQ side able to ping everything up to ISP and connecting router (R5) and vice-versal on branch side

2. HQ PC able to ping to branch L3 switch but unable to ping branch PC

please help!

21 Replies 21

Hello,

post your zipped Packet Tracer project (.pkt) file...

just uploaded it!

ZL123
Level 1
Level 1

heres my pkt file

What are the passwords ?

cisco123

Hello,

I think the problem is simply that the DHCP server hands out addresses and gateways that are not in the same subnet. The PCs are getting the wrong default gateways.

how do i fix this then?

Your servers also have either the wrong gateways or the wrong IP addresses configured. You need to make sure that IP address and default gateway are in the same subnet. The servers also apparently belong to the wrong VLAN.

What IP addressing scheme are you following ? Post your full instructions...

Hello,

all 4 L3 switches use the same IP addresses for their Vlan interfaces. Send the full instructions for the entire project...

Hi my project requires me to design a network infrastructure for an SME and I have 2 separate offices, the branch and HQ. So im trying allow connectivity between all PCs.
here are the commands I’ve input( to the best of my knowledge). Sorry I’m new to this thank u for looking at this for me.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14j6L3AOicxaeRq8rajf2NmhLpCgHjlynnBB6ssbdOSg/edit

Hello,

I (partially) fixed the IP addressing problem. The Vlans have the correct IP addresses now. The problem are the redundant layer 3 switches. What is the purpose of these? You cannot have duplicate IP addresses for the Vlan interfaces. Do your instructions somewhere mention HSRP ? 

What kind of project is this, is this a school project ? Is there anybody you can ask about these redundant layer 3 switches ?

Hello, yes this is a school project. The design is up to my own discretion. The reason I placed these extra switches and routers and ISP is to design for fault tolerance In case one fails. I did not configure HSRP. Do I need to?

Hello,

if you need the redundant switches (and it is definitely a good idea) you need to exclude the IP addresses you use for HSRP from the DHCP pools...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card