cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer - Wireless signals not always connecting to end devices?

dhuysers1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

I'm currently working on a project, and I am adding a wireless connection through some LWAPS and the WLC. Each LWAP has a WLAN and a AP group connected so each row of the devices connect to an individual AP. When I created it, every device could connect to their respective AP, but now I only get around 4-5 connections from the devices and the rest don't connect. Is this a problem with packet tracer or did I do something wrong? Also the connections when I boot up the packet tracer seem to be at random, so I know that all these devices can connect to their APs. If anyone could help me with this issue it would be a great help.

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello,

I think this problem has been around for a long time. Packet Tracer can slow to a crawl, especially the wireless connections. I am running your file on a laptop with 32G RAM, and after 15 minutes, I have five devices that are connected through your access points. On the Netacad website, the only thing that can be found is this:

Q25. Cisco Packet Tracer is running slowly on my device. What can I do to improve performance? A. The minimum system requirements allow for the basic use of Cisco Packet Tracer in creating small to medium-size networks. It is recommended that you use a faster machine with more memory to create large networks. You can turn off the Sound and Animation options to increase performance. Some screen reader software may cause a slowdown in performance, which is due to the extra processing required to query Cisco Packet Tracer for screen reader information.