cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PI2.1 Device Configuration Archive location in the linux system

robert.huang
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All, I'm using CiscoPI2.1 to backup the devices' configuration. I'm trying to find out the exact path where those configuration files locate. I ssh'ed in, changed to root. Under directory /localdisk/tftp, I can only find configuration files for some devices, not all of them. Please let me know under which directory I can find all the devices' configuration files. I'm not refering to the GUI. I'm referting to the Linux box. Thank you very much. Robert
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As per the suggestion on that thread, I wanted to inform you that this feature is still missing in Prime Infrastructure. In previous software Cisco prime LMS, it used to have all the configs in File system as flat files. PI has all the configs on Oracle DB indexed in multiple tables.

So it is little difficult to get this on Directory. Under TFTP you see some of them which are coped while copying from devices and should be ideally deleted by PI later.

If you open a TAC case, they can give you script to get the configs dumped and solve your problem easily.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a known problem for PI users. Still hasnt been fixed.

For details you check this existing thread :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11852236/pi-where-devices-archive-files-are-located#3975460

-Thanks

Vinod

As per the suggestion on that thread, I wanted to inform you that this feature is still missing in Prime Infrastructure. In previous software Cisco prime LMS, it used to have all the configs in File system as flat files. PI has all the configs on Oracle DB indexed in multiple tables.

So it is little difficult to get this on Directory. Under TFTP you see some of them which are coped while copying from devices and should be ideally deleted by PI later.

If you open a TAC case, they can give you script to get the configs dumped and solve your problem easily.

-Thanks

Vinod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: