Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 2.2 Alarms limitation

malattar2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

How can i limit the Alarms on the Prime Infra Structure 2.X , for example  Alarm "Port 'GigabitEthernet2/0/22' is down on device '10.40.128.8'."  . I don't want to receive such Alarms because it is consuming about 50% of the alarms in my project because on daily basis with the customer leave the site they power off some switches .

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi ,

some notification types cannot be controlled with the snmp-server enable command. For example, some notification types are always enabled. Other notification types are enabled by a different command.

For example, the linkUpDown notifications are controlled by the snmp trap link-status command. These notification types do not require an snmp-server enable command.

The availability of a notification-type option depends on the router type and Cisco IOS software features supported on the router

You would need to disable it from the interfaces ONLY , this can't be done globally.

config # no snmp trap link-status

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors *****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

AFAIk, there isn't any way to stop or limit the Alarms\traps in PI.

this you would need to do it from the device it self ,either disable the linkup-linkdown trap globally or go tp the specific interface and disable the trap.

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

The only trap i can find on the switches is the below :

snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart

So should i delete that command from all switches to stop  that type of Alarm on the Prime ?

Hi ,

some notification types cannot be controlled with the snmp-server enable command. For example, some notification types are always enabled. Other notification types are enabled by a different command.

For example, the linkUpDown notifications are controlled by the snmp trap link-status command. These notification types do not require an snmp-server enable command.

The availability of a notification-type option depends on the router type and Cisco IOS software features supported on the router

You would need to disable it from the interfaces ONLY , this can't be done globally.

config # no snmp trap link-status

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors *****

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card