Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with multicast streams causing cc errors

CliveAllen
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if anyone can help, but I will try my best to explain here:

Multicast stream is having an intermittent problem where cc errors are produced on an envivio system so the stream stops then displays a coloured strip on the screen then plays again. The part I need to ask about is the Multicast configs that I see between 2 VLANs on a C2960X and a C6880X. It appears that the VLAN on the port connected to the nextologies box is 50 and the VLAN on the envivio is 52.

50 IRD-Primary active

52 NEW-MCAST active Gi1/0/6, Gi1/0/10, Gi1/0/24, Gi1/0/27, Gi1/0/29, Gi1/0/33, Gi1/0/35, Gi1/0/37, Gi1/0/43

nextologies -> C2960X -> C6880-X -> Envivio

The issue I have is that when I look at VLAN 50 there are no ports associated with the VLAN but I cannot make out how the two VLANs are getting routed between each other.

Please let me know the commands to run to get you your required output?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

hard to say what is going on. If possible, post the full running configurations (sh run) of both switches, and indicate which ports are connected to what (by putting a description on the port)...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

hard to say what is going on. If possible, post the full running configurations (sh run) of both switches, and indicate which ports are connected to what (by putting a description on the port)...

Hi Georg,

Many thanks for the response.

It seems the config is the same as for all other VLANs and the snooping groups. I have utilised the following commands to get information:

show ip igmp snooping groups - queries - all of them really.

Is there a way, other than debug, that I can see if there are problems occurring with this multicast flow across the two VLANS (See the multicast traffic flow) please?

All good. I knew the issue was not network related anyway. I have now proved this.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card