cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Project-learning

Katherine
Level 1
Level 1

I have project and i dont know where to start. I have two floor company building that has switch in each floor and router in floor. I have core router and isp router, and i have 6 departments with their own subnets. How can i start?

6 Replies 6

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this a real project or some kind of student exercise?

What's your level of network engineering knowledge and experience?

For starters for a real project, some ideas of your budget would be useful to know.

For real or exercise, more details about number and kinds of hosts to support would be useful.

https://gurutechnetworks.otombenard.com/assetsProject/project3 Is student exercise. I need something like on this link only that connection to isp is missing. Is possible to somehow add isp to this layout?

@Katherine wrote:

https://gurutechnetworks.otombenard.com/assetsProject/project3 Is student exercise. I need something like on this link only that connection to isp is missing. Is possible to somehow add isp to this layout?

Yes it is.

If this is a student exercise, how do you think such might be accomplished?  What's likely the "key" issue when dealing with an ISP?

pieterh
VIP
VIP

>>>  switch in each floor and router in one of the rooms in floor. I have core router and isp router, and i have 6 departments with their own subnets, <<<

this sounds as if you've already started ?
- a design was made
- equipment is purchased
- equipment is (partially ?) connected and configured

so wat do you think you need to start ?
I suggest to add  a diagram of your network and from there see what you think you need to change
you can even draw this diagram in a tool like packet tracer (or CML) where you can even test the planned configurations 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@Katherine wrote:
How can i start?

What is your objective for this thread?  

• Is it to LEARN? 
  • Waiting/Wanting for someone to provide the answers?

I am learning but its okay I already solved it.