Views
Helpful
Replies

RME: enable secrect INCORRECT

vguntinas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm Venancio and I have a problem with Resource Manager Essentials. I'm inventory some device with this tool. The devices are state managed and haven't Device attribute errors during some days, but I don't know because in the devices, a few days later, beginning to give the error message enable secret INCORRECT on Device attribute errors.

Can your help me?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Use the global config command enable password enable-password . An Enable Secret Password is not sufficient because the Rxboot mode may not recognize the Enable Secret Password. If an Enable Secret Password is not defined and the Rxboot image does not recognize Enable Secret, the device will not allow users into the enable mode. The device will then lock into the Rxboot mode. Enter the enable mode by logging into the device by using a console.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_qanda_item09186a00800a6106.shtml

c-olmedo
Level 1
Level 1

In regards to the case I just want to confirm, when you've set the TACACS as the login module did you set the fallback option to local user? Anyway if yes disregard the question. There is another way to reset the password if you have configure the fallback, under the folder where you have edited the cwpass file

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\cmf\servlet or /opt/CSCOpx/lib/classpath/com/cisco/nm/cmf/servlet/ there is a folder/directory "orig" open this and another cwpass file is located here don't edit this just copy it to the previous folder where the edited cwpass is located. Try to login again should it fail inform me, I'm trying to research more on the issue right now

vguntinas
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you by yours answered but my problem was in the Tacacs. I was logging with tacacs and the password was the tacacs.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card