Helpful
Replies

routing

RoeeM
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i have 2 routers with one subnet 192.168.0.0/24

I don't know How to start to solve it, on hitch router  i have 2 switches  with 2 pc.

Need to establish connnectivity between all hosts

need to configure network setting.

תרגיל 12.png

do i need dhcp in the routers?

we used here in routing 

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am a bit puzzled about your requirements. There are 2 routers, each router has 2 Ethernet interfaces and 1 serial interface. So there is need for at least 5 subnets. But the requirement is work with only subnet 192.168.0.0/24. Are they suggesting that you use VLSM and subdivide 192.168.0.0/24 into multiple subnets?

HTH

Rick

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

RoeeM,

I agree with @RichardBurts. The instructions are limited, so we can only use what we see in the topology. The is no mention of any DHCP requirements. Is this a PKA or PKT file? Either way, send a zipped version.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"do i need dhcp in the routers?"

For router interface to use, or for routers to provide to PCs?

Is this a real problem or a class exercise?  If the latter, is this a basic networking class, or advanced networking class?

As others have noted, unless you subnet your /24, normally, you would be unable to use the single /24 for all your hosts. (I.e. this this be what's expected in a basic networking class.)

As for an advanced networking class, if your routers were configured to bridge all their interfaces, including the serial interface it might be possible.  However, for the serial interfaces, since they are a different media type than Ethernet, it might not be possible to bridge them with the Ethernet interfaces unless you use L2TP.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

there should be way; zip your file and attach it here;

Regards, ML**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **