Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 GRE Tunnel

Hi Guys.

I created a site to site VPN using the GRE tunnel on the RV340 Router.
I want to pass a vlan tag over a VPN.
Can vlan tag be delivered to Device with the following configuration?
SiteA-> (with vlan tag) WAN-> VPN ------------ SiteB VPN-> LAN-> Device (with vlan tag)

Thank you.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We do not have much detail about your environment, and perhaps there is something there that could change our suggestion. But in general a vpn using GRE tunnel is treated as a routed link. And passing a tag over a routed link is not possible. If you need to pass a tag you might look into using l2tpv3.

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

Hello Rick

I think your opinion has made my thoughts stronger.

Thank you for your help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We do not have much detail about your environment, and perhaps there is something there that could change our suggestion. But in general a vpn using GRE tunnel is treated as a routed link. And passing a tag over a routed link is not possible. If you need to pass a tag you might look into using l2tpv3.

HTH

Rick

Hello Rick

I think your opinion has made my thoughts stronger.

Thank you for your help

You are welcome. I am glad that my suggestion was helpful. Thank you for marking this question as solved. This will help other participants in the community to identify discussions which have helpful information. This community is an excellent place to ask questions and to learn about networking. I hope to see you continue to be active in the community.

HTH

Rick

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card