Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 will not connect

Trying to install a brand new RV340 using set up wizzard. 

Dynamic IP setup

The router will not pickup the IP and the technician on the supplier end can not see the Router.

If old router is used to "open the connection" the router indicates that it is connected.

If not the wizard show randomly if connected or not.

Tried to disable firewall but still no connection. 

Plugged in old non Cisco router, works fine.

Any suggestions on what could be the problem or ways to trubbel shot.

Regards

Olof

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Examine your DHCP server's logs and check if there is any 'activity' from the MAC address of the RV (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Ok , Thanks,

Realized that the Log had to be enabled and it was not.

Managed to update the Firmware to the latest version but still same problem...

Olof

@marce1000 wrote:

- Examine your DHCP server's logs and check if there is any 'activity' from the MAC address of the RV (?)

M.

>Managed to update the Firmware to the latest version but still same problem

- I am a bit confused because in the initial post you seem to indicate that you were not able to get it on the network , how does this 'comply' ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

@marce1000 wrote:

>Managed to update the Firmware to the latest version but still same problem

- I am a bit confused because in the initial post you seem to indicate that you were not able to get it on the network , how does this 'comply' ?

M.

Sorry to confuse you. It's easy to not be complete in the text. And Iam not native in English. I have managed to enter back end and been in  contact with my internet supplier technicians. The router backend firmware update claimed it was updated but I found that the firmware was old anyway. Unfortunately that did not make any progress and no logg files. I have also problems with wap371 accespoints that will not be recognized by bonjour or FindIT so I think there is a deeper problem somewhere.

Thanks Olof

- I can only confirm on my initial reply and what needs to be done for that issue. The additional problem descriptions become too misty for solid analysis and or to provide a solution.

M.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco