Views
Helpful
Replies

Secondary Line

mylacapanzana
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

Is there any workaround for alias devices? This is the setup that I need to attain:

-two ISP connection between the branch and head office.

-there are two tunnel interface that I can use as IP address if I treat the two connection as two device.

-the client wants to monitor if any of the ISP connection is down using campus manager specifically topology services.

What I am planning is to separate the two ISP connection in the branch and add them to LMS as two devices as indicated in my attachment. However if I do this it will treat the second device as alias of the other since physically it is connected to only one device.

Anyone who has idea on how this setup can be implemented in LMS 2.6.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

mylacapanzana
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the topology.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this cannot be done in LMS.  As you have seen, LMS will see that these IPs are on the same device, and resolve the two devices as one.

How about the original setup, is there no way that LMS can map it with two connection?

Thanks.

Campus can draw one device with multiple connections to another device provided both devices are managed, and CDP is running across both links.  Based on your description, it does not sound like that would be the case, though.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco