cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG300

01uminxu2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1941 router, SG300 switch and laptop setup.  I have setup three Vlan's, 15, 30 and 35.  I need to ping each Vlan IP address from the laptop but can only ping one Vlan at a time.  The Vlan that I can ping is the last IP address that has been added to the config file.  Although, all three Vlan's each have an IP address, only the last one is connected.  I have at various times, added the IP address to each Vlan last and been able to ping it.  In the example below, Vlan 30's IP address was added last and can be recognized.  Why are the Vlan IP addresses not all shown in the config file? I have looked at the SG300 manual and not found any explanation for this.  Can someone assist with this?  Thanks.

interface vlan 15
name Wireless
ip dhcp relay enable
!
interface vlan 30
name Data
ip address 10.201.30.254 255.255.255.0
no ip address dhcp
ip dhcp relay enable
!
interface vlan 35
name Voice
ip dhcp relay enable

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Generally speaking, a switch virtual interface (SVI  = IP address assigned to a VLAN interface) is only is protocol "up" state if there is at least one access port also up on that VLAN (or a trunk port that includes the VLAN).

If that is not the case then the interface will be "down" and thus not reachable.