Views
Helpful
Replies

software deployment with Prime 2.0

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello

I need to deploy new IOS  on several switch 3850 (Version 3.2.2 to new version 3.3.2)  with Prime 2.0.

I have 2 pb:

1: When I upgrade a 3850, Prime copy the new soft in flash (The job is successfulll)  but it doesn't reload the switch after the copy . Allthough, I changed the default options in Administration > System > Image Management. (Reload after upgrade = checked), and I also tried to add in the switch-config the command  "snmp-server system shutdown"

2: When I distribute IOS on 3850, it doesn't show me  all the Switch3850.

If I cheched  the line "show all devices"  I have the message "Image verification failed for some of the selected devices. You cannot proceed with distribution for those devices".

Allthoug , all my switches 3850 are archived, and are inventored.

And there is no difference between Running and Startup-config.

Could someone help me .

Michel Misonne

1 Reply 1

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Precision about pointt2: "When I distribute IOS on 3850, it doesn't show me all the Switch3850."

The switch 3850 configured with cli command "snmp-server location  XXX" doesn't appear in the distribute list. To be elligible for upgrade , the switch (3850) should NOT be configured with the command "snmp-server location xxxx".

Probably a bug with Prime or with SW3850.

Michel Misonne

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: