Helpful
Replies

Software Distribution - Problem with 1921 Routers

Philipp Kreidl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

we are having some weird troubles in our Cisco LMS 4.2

A Software Distribution works fine for all kinds of our Routers, except the 1921 models. We are using SCP and SSH for the Image distribution and the exactly same configuration on a 1841 and a 1921 works on the 1841 Router but on the 1921 not.

I didn't found any Bugs related to this, maybe it's a problem with the lms settings?

Done so far:

- Deleted the device in LMS, added it via discovery and manually, no change here

- Tried with different IOS versions, no change here, no one will work

- Set the credentials after adding the device again, to make sure they are valid

When creating a new distribution job, we get this error at Step 3 of 5 only at the 1921 Router, so I guess this might be the problem:

Warning

-           SWIM1056: The method to update the software on the selected storage device is unknown.

Select a different Flash partition, if available.

I attached a SWIM_debug logfile from a failed job. (changed all the DNS names do XXXDNSNAMEXXX).

Thanks for your help

6 Replies 6

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you verify that the RSA keys are generated and that SSH is enabled on the router?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Richard,

Yes, i can login via the User the lms is using. As you see in the log, the lms can login successfully.

I've also found an interesting difference between the routers, every Router except a 1921 has a

******** ATA Flash Card Geometry/Format Info ********

Format,

and all the 1921 a

******** USB Flash Card Geometry/Format Info ********

Format.

So maybe the lms could not handle the USB Flash format?

Somebody knows something about it?

I also tried to upgrade the rommon to the actual version, but no changes here.

Was this ever resolved? I'm using Cisco Prime 1.3 and the same issue. It does not know how to talk to usbflash0: All other routers work fine.

Yes this was resolved as Vinod Arya mentioned with the TAC case bug CSCuc98074. So new device packages will solve this issue in LMS.

In Prime Infrastructure this problem still exists but was already told TAC and will be solved in CPI 2.1 which should be released in March 2014 according to TAC.

More than USB it could be SCP. There is a know bug for SCP on 19xx router :

CSCuc98074    LMS 4.2.2 Software Image Distribution fails with SCP on 1921 routers

Just try to change SCP to other protocol and see it that works. Make sure you have all device packages updated for LMS.

-Thanks

Vinod
**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: