cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stack switch and Nexus swtich during data center Maintanance

morning_mno
Level 1
Level 1

We are planing to shutdown all our device in data center during maintenance. Can anyone help be with below queries.

We have 5 Catalyst switch 9300 model configured as stack switch. (we did not set priority)

1.How should we power off the switch in time of data center maintenance.
2.If Master or stand by switch changes does it will effect any data flow or interface level configuration.
3.Does Interface configuration change for any reason other than someone change it manually.
4.what should be the shutdown and start up sequence.
5. After booting up master switch should we wait 2 minutes to power up stand-by switch.
6. What if master and salve switch goes down at the same time.

We have 2 nexus 9k series switch configured as VPC.

1. should we down secondary first and than primary device or should we down both at the same time.
2. What is the process to shutdown. should we just unplug the power cable.
3. When powering on the device should we power on the both device at the same time or power on the primary device first.

(What could go wrong in VPC environment)

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@morning_mno wrote:
we did not set priority

Why not?  It takes 2 seconds to configure a single switch priority.  

All of the questions asked would be irrelevant if the priority was configured correctly.

Thanks for your reply. As a new joiner I did not want to change any configuration. Also Configuring the switch priority will not take any effect until switch reboot right? If that's true than i have to talk to my seniors.

@morning_mno wrote:
Also Configuring the switch priority will not take any effect until switch reboot right?

Configuring the switch priority will only take effect when the stack or each switch reboots or crash

Thanks!! I will talk to my seniors regarding this.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card