cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strict NAT type on consoles | Cisco WS-C6504-E

Rodzor
Level 1
Level 1

We have multiple 6504s deployed at an apartment complex, we are having an issue with many devices in the complex, both PlayStation's and Xbox's. Customers are reporting that they have a Strict NAT Type on their consoles. We have one device currently doing all the NATing for each apartment complex. We are not statically NATing we are using NAT pools and assigning a pool to each APT #. I've done quite a bit of reading am unable to find an answer for this unless it is with a "home-grade" device that is NATing, which is much simpler (port-forwarding, UPnP, DMZ's) but as far as I know I am unable to implement a similar feature on the 6504.

excluding the many inside interfaces and 1 outside interface here is the output of show run | i ip nat (with edited IPs for privacy):

ip nat pool ovrld 172.16.55.13 172.16.55.13 prefix-length 30
ip nat inside source list 1 interface Vlan3072 overload

access-list 1 permit 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255

Any help is appreciated, if you need more info let me know.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hello

Not so sure what you are asking here - can you elaborate?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I had some misunderstandings, it is currently impossible to forward traffic coming from one outside ip & port# to multiple inside IPs at once as far as I have read. Which makes perfect sense to me why a router would not know which internal device to send to since the source is the same as far as it can tell. I think the only solution is to assign an outside IP to each NAT pool using the rotary type pool.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card