Helpful
Replies

SYSLOG configuration

subashmbi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ALL,

I am facing the issue in the syslog features, the details are given below:

Log setting configuration in LMS is C:/------Primary folder the size 100MB and number of revisions is 10.

But in My c:/ folder the syslog file size is increasing to 1.8 gig . my syslog file setting is 100MB.

The syslog file is working the revisions (0-9).but the size of the file is not maching with our setting (100MB).

I did the logrotation configuration by GUI.

19 Replies 19

Thanks clarke,

We are trying with recent back db file. I will update u .

After we restored the syslog.db from good backup. the below error we are getting:-

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /cwhp/cshome.do on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

You can't simply restore one file from a backup. You need to restore the entire backup using the restorebackup.pl script.

Hi clarke,

can u send me the command syntax of the restorebackup.pl script.But this command will restore the whole database. any other workaround is for restoring only RME database.

Now we are facing the issue the rmeeng service in the control panel is intermittentily working Start/stop.

The command will be something like:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/restorebackup.pl -d /path/to/backup -gen GEN

Where /path/to/backup is the location of your backups, and GEN is the generation number you wish to restore. This command will restore EVERYTHING in LMS. There is no way to do a partial restore.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card