Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL ios_config

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all experts.

If someone can help me with this i will be really grateful.

I am currently using rancid for my devices backup and custom configuration upload. I found it to be brilliant.

Recently i had a task, that involved getting the ip address and tunnel source of a particular tunnel and then configuring it on another tunnel (on same router ofcourse). Everything works fine, but when rancid enters the following command

R1(tcl)# ios_config "interface tunnel 1111" "$ip" "$tunnel_source"

Note: ip and tunnel source variables were formed in other lines that i have omitted for simplicity

Now it configures the above, but i dont get the prompt back !!. This only happens if the configuration (ios_config) is passed through rancid.

Any one has any idea what might be the problem  ??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should always end ios_config commands with an "end" argument.  You might try that:

ios_config "interface tunnel 1111" "$ip" "$tunnel_source" "end"

Also, if you're using 15.1(2)T there is a known bug with Tcl and terminal handling.  You should upgrade to 15.1(3)T.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should always end ios_config commands with an "end" argument.  You might try that:

ios_config "interface tunnel 1111" "$ip" "$tunnel_source" "end"

Also, if you're using 15.1(2)T there is a known bug with Tcl and terminal handling.  You should upgrade to 15.1(3)T.

Dear Joe,

Thanks alot for the feedback.But still it hangs. I know it has something to do with Rancid, but i cant figure out why ?

It will be alot helpful to me if i get it to working :-(

I am using IOS 12.4(20)T adv security

Dear Sir,

Thanks alot :-) its solved. I am sorry, the router that was creating issues was using an older IOS. Its working perfectly in 12.4(20) T.

Thanks alot

Hi @Joe Clarke,

Can you please ping me over personally after seeing this bug.

Are you referring this as a known case when ios-config not used properly.

CSCvj81564

Thanks

Sumit Kumar