Views
Helpful
Replies

User deletion from WLC

yogesh1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have cisco 2500 controller can you please let me know on below points.

1. If i had user name or mac address how can i get the user details by cli command.
  2. if i only had mac or user name details & i need to delete one user or multiple user by cli command how can we do this please share cli command.
6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@yogesh1 wrote:

If i had user name or mac address how can i get the user details by cli command.

If you have MAC address then use the command "sh client detail <MAC address>".  First page will show the username, however, this output is useless if using PSK or Open authentication. 

If you only have the username, the you'll need something funky to find out the MAC address:  grep include <USERNAME> "sh client summary username".

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@yogesh1 wrote:

if i only had mac or user name details & i need to delete one user or multiple user by cli command how can we do this please share cli command.

If you want to forcefully deauthenticate someone then use the command "config client deauthenticate <MAC address>".   However, unless you block the MAC address the wireless client will almost log back in.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for updtae i need to delete user with the help of mac or user name what is the command do delete user so i can create more space in my wlc controller mac database.

Basically my i running out of space in my wlc controller that why i have put this query.

Reboot the controller.

Hi Leo,

In WLC we have already save configuration & we can not reboot the controller because its in running environment.

So can you please share CLI command to remove the user ID with mac details.

What model is the controller?
What firmware is the controller running on?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card