cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UserTracking for Wireless-User ?

dainat-bis
Level 1
Level 1

In my usertracking LMS3.0.1 reports I can't find any users connected to accesspoints. Also on the switchports to which the access-points are connected appears no mac-address in the reports.

With CLI on the switches I can see all the wireless-client-mac-addresses. I also enabled the snmp-mac-notification traps on that ports and in the history I can see that the switch sends the traps correctly. So it seems that the CampusManager 5.0.2 discards all data he gets for switchports connected to acces-points.

Is it possible to disable this behavior ? Because unlike to a switch to switch up-link the data from a switch to access-points up-link would be very useful.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Switch to access ports links are treated like any other link in Campus Manager: they are ignored by User Tracking. While you can tell UT to acquire users on certain trunk ports, UT will ignore any port which appears as a link endpoint on the Topology Map. This cannot be changed.

As for users connected to APs, those should show up provided the APs are properly Data Collected, and they are configured for VLANs and support the Q-BRIDGE-MIB (dot1qTpFdbPort and dot1qTpFdbStatus).